Monday, June 30, 2008

My weekend

I had an opportunity to head down to Richmond International Raceway in Richmond, Virginia for the Indycar Series Suntrust Indy Challenge race. It was a pretty decent race. Personally, I don't really know much about cars, but I do like when cars race each other. I used to be a fan of NASCAR, before it became practically castrated of characters, and all the races became a four hour informercial. I remember an August night race some years back when Terry Labonte actually won a race at Bristol International Speedway in Tennessee, and Dale Earnhardt (Sr.) ran into his rear bumper on the last straightaway. Labonte crossed the start/finish line in first but had to drive into Victory Lane with a messed up front end of the car. As for the IndyCars, 26 cars started the race on a 3/4 of a mile track. I think this may have been too many. If it was 22 cars I think it would have been okay. Considering that much of the early part of the race was run under the yellow caution flag, I was thinking about going to the bathroom at some point in the race. I didn't get to and saw Tony Kanaan win. My friend Dan actually bought a Tony Kanaan hat that had his sponsor on it (7-Eleven), and Kanaan won. Guess it must be lucky for Dan since Tony is now his favortie driver. As for me, I just enjoyed to racing for the show, and it was pretty good. Some of my friends who also came down didn't like the race, but I think it wasn't their cup of tea. I did have a great time though, and I hope to upload some pictures I had taken while I was there.

Currently, I am doing a practice experencial program for my pharmacy school at Children's National Medical Center (http://www.cnmc.org/). I'll hope to put up my opinions on it sooner or later. I attend the Howard University School of Pharmacy in Washington, DC. Apparently, historically black universities can accept non-black students for their professional schools. I've already put up some opinions on that "institution". Right now, I need to get back to work. I might put up a new post later.

No comments: