Monday, June 9, 2008

I hate Howard

It seems as though the Howard University School of Pharmacy finds new ways to fuck over students as much as humanly possible. When I went for my colloquium (which I figure I'm not going to go to during the summertime, more on that some other time), my dean of the school (acutally the assistant dean of the pharmacy school but whatever) comes in and mentions that out of 91 students currently taking the pharmacy practical experience program, about 7 are compliant with all of the medical requirement (vaccines, titers, physical exams, etc.). Naturally, I was pissed. I blurted out loud that this was unfair and then I get chewed out for being unprofessional. It would have helped if the pharmacy school would have informed us ahead of time if a student is medically cleared before going for their work experience program. But since this is Howard, Howard and coordination are comletely incompatible with each other. I did make an appointment with the Student Health Center. But it would have been better if I was informed ahead of time, instead of scrambling to get this shit done. Its the principal of the matter that counts, and the school was unprofessional in this case.

I might post later if I feel like it.

No comments: